Looking for a detox or rehab center near you in Harrington Park, New Jersey? Browse the listings below to find the best addiction treatment center for you.
While there are a total of 232 different treatment centers within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey, you may have to travel outside of your local area for detox or rehab.
Detox is often the first type of addiction treatment someone will go through. Detox usually lasts between 3 and 7 days and helps keep you safe and comfortable during withdrawal while also getting you ready for other types of addiction treatment. Of the 232 addiction treatment centers within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey, 38 offer detox in one or more of the following settings:
After detox, many people continue their recovery in rehab. Where detox focuses on medical stability and safety, rehab focuses on behavioral therapy and programming that will help you maintain your recovery. 227 of the 232 treatment center(s) within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey offer rehab. More specifically:
You can pay for detox or rehab a number of ways. If you plan to Pay for detox or rehab with insurance:
If you plan to Pay for treatment without insurance, 220 treatment centers within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey accept cash or other forms of private payment for treatment.
5 treatment centers within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey, offer free detox or rehab.
After you have a general idea of your treatment needs and know how you will pay for treatment, a common next step is to call and talk to a few treatment centers within 120 miles of Harrington Park, New Jersey.
More information about American Addiction Centers:
Harrington Park is in northeastern New Jersey, where many people experience problems with substance misuse and addiction much like anywhere else in the U.S.
In Bergen County—where Harrington Park is located—142 people died from a drug overdose in 2019, an average of around 3 people per week.1 The majority of these overdose deaths involved opioids like heroin.1
Of all the people in Harrington Park who received addiction treatment in 2019, 78% sought treatment for alcohol addiction while the remaining 22% sought treatment for heroin addiction.2 These substance abuse trends are consistent with those of Bergen County as a whole, where alcohol and heroin are the 2 most misused substances.2
Regarding alcohol misuse, roughly 14.3% of adults in Bergen County reported they had engaged in binge drinking during the past 30 days, based on data compiled between 2016 and 2018.3 Furthermore, 25% of all residents in Bergen County who received addiction treatment in 2019 were diagnosed with a co-occurring mental health disorder.2
Fortunately, residents in Harrington Park who need help fighting and recovering from addiction have several options when it comes to finding professional treatment.
There are 6 facilities within 5 miles of Harrington Park that provide addiction treatment services, along with 3 additional facilities that also provide mental health treatment.4,5
The number of addiction treatment centers near Harrington Park makes up almost 2% of the total number of treatment centers in New Jersey.5 Residents who need treatment for opioid addiction also have the option of receiving treatment from 1 of 25 buprenorphine practitioners near Harrington Park, including in Westwood and Oradell.5 Buprenorphine is one of several medications used to treat opioid use disorder and can be prescribed in an outpatient setting by physicians with the proper licensing.6
Drug and alcohol support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) give people in recovery the opportunity to share their experiences about addiction in a safe, structured environment with peers.7 AA and NA are shown to complement professional addiction treatment and offer a rich source of community support for recovery.7
There are 58 AA meetings within two miles of Harrington Park that take place daily in neighboring River Vale, Closter, Westwood, and Norwood.8 The majority of these groups meet at churches in the evenings, though morning and afternoon meetings are also available.8 The meeting list and schedule for AA meetings near Harrington Park are available on the official website for the Northern New Jersey Intergroup.8
There are seven NA meetings within five miles of Harrington Park that meet in neighboring cities including Westwood, Sparkill, and Park Ridge.9 Some of these meetings are virtual, while others are limited to the first 25 to 30 people.9 A list of NA groups and meetings near Harrington Park is available on the official NA website.9