Looking for a detox or rehab center near you in Hillsdale, New Jersey? Browse the listings below to find the best addiction treatment center for you.
Located in the north-central part of Bergen County and as a part of the New York City metropolitan area, Hillsdale experiences many of the same problems with substance misuse and addiction as the most populous city in the U.S.
Most Hillsdale residents who seek addiction treatment do so to recover from alcohol misuse.1 In 2019, alcohol represented 50% of all admissions to addiction treatment centers among Hillsdale residents.1 Heroin represented 32% of treatment admissions, and marijuana represented 16% of treatment admissions.1
Heroin is an opioid that contributes to opioid overdose deaths nationwide—including those that occur in Hillsdale and Bergen County. In 2021, there were 711 drug overdose cases and 155 drug-related deaths in Bergen County.2 Most Bergen County residents who suffer from heroin addiction are male.1 In 2019, an estimated 68% of admissions to treatment centers for heroin in the county were male, while the remaining 32% were female.1
Additionally, 25% of all people in Bergen County who sought addiction treatment in 2019 had a co-occurring mental health disorder.1 Fortunately, Hillsdale residents who need help recovering from substance use disorders and mental illnesses have lots of options when it comes to choosing a nearby treatment center.
Hillsdale is near 8 recovery facilities that treat addiction and substance use disorders and offer services like outpatient rehab programs for people with co-occurring disorders and behavioral addictions like gambling disorder.3 Nearby treatment centers are located in Paramus, Norwood, Dumont, and Orangeburg, New York.3
Four of the 8 treatment centers near Hillsdale offer drug and alcohol detox services, including medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder.3 There are an additional 35 physicians near Hillsdale that are licensed to prescribe buprenorphine.4 Buprenorphine is a medication approved for the treatment of opioid use disorder that can be prescribed to people in an outpatient setting.5
The number of practitioners near Hillsdale who prescribe buprenorphine makes up almost 2.3% of the total number of these practitioners in New Jersey.4 The total number of addiction treatment centers in Hillsdale makes up 2.5% of all drug and alcohol rehab centers in the state.4
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are 2 of many types of self-help support groups for addiction that are available in and near Hillsdale. Support groups like AA and NA provide people in recovery with peer support in a safe, sober, judgment-free environment and are free, anonymous, and easily accessible.6
There are 23 AA groups that meet in and near Hillsdale at local churches.7 These meetings take place in the afternoons and evenings a few times a week.7 The Pascack Bible Church on 181 Piermont Ave, the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church on 326 Hillsdale Avenue, and the Hillsdale United Methodist Church on 349 Hillsdale Avenue are the only 3 AA meeting venues in Hillsdale.7 An updated AA meeting schedule is available on the official website for the Northern New Jersey Intergroup.7
NA has 10 groups that meet within a 5-mile radius of Hillsdale.8 Many of these meetings are in nearby Westwood and in Park Ridge, Paramus, and Pearl River.8 The NA meeting venue nearest to Hillsdale is at Parkside Community Church at 545 4th Avenue in Westwood.8 An updated NA meeting schedule is posted on the official NA website.8