Looking for a detox or rehab center near you in Norwood, New Jersey? Browse the listings below to find the best addiction treatment center for you.
Norwood is in the northeastern part of Bergen County, where substance abuse and addiction are top public health concerns.
Bergen County is one of 5 counties in New Jersey that have the highest number of assaults related to drugs and alcohol.1 In 2018, there were 147 suspected drug-related deaths in Bergen County.1 In March that same year, Bergen County authorities found 5,750 bags of heroin while conducting a motor vehicle search stop.1
The number of drug-related deaths in Bergen County remained consistent between 2018 and 2020 and rose to 155 deaths in 2021.2 In 2019, an estimated 40% of all admissions to drug and alcohol rehab centers among Norwood residents were for heroin.3 However, that same year, marijuana was the primary reason for the remaining 60% of admissions to addiction treatment centers among people living in Norwood.3
Norwood is home to one addiction treatment facility that offers a variety of outpatient rehab programs.4 This facility also offers sober living housing, opioid detox, and behavioral therapies—including dual diagnosis therapy for Norwood residents who need treatment for a co-occurring mental health disorder.4
There are 41 other drug and alcohol rehab centers located within 10 miles of Norwood in cities including Westwood, Dumont, and Orangeburg in New York.4 Detoxification services are available at nine of these facilities and residential treatment is available at three of these facilities.4 The total number of addiction treatment centers in and near Norwood makes up roughly 13% of the total number of treatment centers in New Jersey.4
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) using methadone for opioid addiction is available at nine drug rehab facilities within 10 miles of Norwood, while MAT using naltrexone is available at 26 facilities.4 MAT using buprenorphine for opioid addiction is available at 30 treatment facilities in and near Norwood for residents who are interested in treating their substance use disorder at home using this medication.4
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are some of the many drug and alcohol support groups available near Norwood that can complement professional addiction treatment.5 AA and NA are widely available and a free, anonymous treatment option for people in Norwood who could benefit from extra community support from peers who share similar problems and experiences.5
There are three AA groups that meet in Norwood at the following locations: Norwood Presbyterian Church on 701 Broadway, Immaculate Conception Church on 211 Summit Street, and Church of the Holy Communion on 66 Summit Street.6 People who are interested in joining other AA groups have the option of choosing from 39 other meetings that take place in nearby cities including Westwood, Closter, and Haworth.6 An updated schedule of AA meetings in and near Norwood is available on the official website for the Northern New Jersey Intergroup.6
There are no NA groups that meet in Norwood, though residents have the option of attending one of six meetings within a 5-mile radius in cities including Westwood, Park Ridge, and Dumont.7 An updated schedule of NA meetings near Norwood is available on the official NA website.7