Check Your Insurance Benefits
- 1Insurance Provider Name
- 2Policy Member's Full Name
- 3Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Please fill out the form below to verify your insurance coverage.
Humana offers a variety of health insurance plans to meet the unique needs of more than 20 million customers.1 This includes drug and alcohol treatment and other behavioral health services. The amount covered depends on the plan you have.
Types of Humana Insurance Plans
Humana insurance plans can vary depending on where you live, but generally fall under 3 main types:2
- Health maintenance organizations (HMOs) let you only get care through in-network providers but often cost less.
- Preferred provider organizations (PPOs) let you get treatment from any provider you wish, but often have higher premiums.
- Point-of-service (POS) plans offer the benefits of HMO plans with the freedom of getting out-of-network care.
Medicare and Medicaid
Humana offers Medicare plans in all 50 states.2 This includes Medicare Advantage, prescription drug plans (Medicare Part D, or PDP), and supplemental insurance.2,3 Humana also offers Medicaid plans in Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, and South Carolina.4
Check Your Humana Coverage Now
When you’re ready to enter addiction treatment, knowing what your insurance does and doesn’t cover can give you financial peace of mind so you can focus on what matters: getting and staying sober. Exactly what is covered will depend on your plan details, where you are seeking treatment, and what type of treatment you need. You can learn more about what your plan covers a few ways:
- Log in to your Humana member portal to read through the details of your plan.
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card. This connects you with Humana customer service, and they will walk through your plan with you to answer any questions you have about what parts of treatment they cover.
- Check your insurance with us, American Addiction Centers online. We’re in-network with many popular insurance plans and have treatment centers across the United States.
Treatment Types Covered by Humana
Substance use treatments Humana may cover may include the following:
- Medical detox to help you manage drug or alcohol withdrawal.
- Inpatient rehab, where you live at the treatment center and get a more intense level of care.
- Outpatient treatment, where you live at home but attend scheduled treatment sessions during the day.
- Aftercare, which can include 12-step meetings as well as individual, family, and group therapy.
How to Use Your Humana Plan for Detox or Rehab
The first step in entering treatment is often talking to your doctor about your substance use. They can assess your needs, help you find a treatment center, and continue your care once you’ve completed rehab. They can also help you get any approvals your insurance company needs, which is called “prior authorization.”
Many drug and alcohol treatment centers work with Humana to offer treatment services, including American Addiction Centers. Once you choose a treatment center to attend, it’s a good idea to call Humana to find out what is and isn’t covered. They can help you estimate the cost of addiction treatment and what you’ll have to pay for yourself.
Do Treatment Centers Need to Be In-Network?
Choosing an in-network treatment center can help keep your out-of-pocket costs down. In-network providers have an agreement with Humana to offer addiction treatment to Humana members at a lower rate than other providers.
Out-of-network treatment centers do not have an agreement with Humana. This means treatment costs will often be much higher. Your deductibles and copays will likely be higher with out-of-network providers as well.