100 N. Johnson Mill Road, Midway, Utah, 84049
A Sanctuary for Healing Are you living a life you don’t recognize? Rediscover the person you were before trauma and addiction at Acqua Recovery. It takes time to unravel the lifetime of trauma and pain that underlies addiction, but we're ready to walk that path with you. From here on out, you never have to go back.
- Joint Commission Accredited
- A lakeside setting of mountains, streams, and waterfalls
- Addressing trauma and core issues with the best science and research available
Residential Addiction TreatmentAcqua Recovery is a sanctuary where people come to stop the misuse of drugs and alcohol and begin a life in recovery. Tucked away in a peaceful, 12-acre property, Acqua offers peaceful meditative spots, relaxing water features, and a host of amenities promoting mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being. Here, you will rest, reset your focus, and rediscover the beauty of life without drugs and alcohol. At the same time, our evidence-based, trauma-informed approach to addiction treatment ensures that you'll experience the highest levels of professional care and treatment for your disease.
Personalized TreatmentAddiction is a complicated disease that requires a sophisticated, customized approach. We draw from each patient’s experiences, preferences, personality, needs, and values to develop an appropriate course of treatment. We combine medically-informed therapies with experiential and meditative activities to deliver a holistic recovery experience.
Meet the Staff
- DAN PARRISHCEODan Parrish was named President and Chief Operations Officer of Acqua Recovery in September 2019. He joined the team in 2018 as Director of Marketing and has made a career-long commitment to help those struggling with addiction and its underlying mental health and behavioral causes and triggers. His mission is to ensure every individual receives the treatment and education necessary to recover and to find the resources that best suit their needs. With over 10 years of sobriety, Dan brings true empathy to those in distress and believes the path to recovery starts with each individual finding their true self. “Addiction is a disease we can only successfully treat by meeting it with compassion and honesty. If we do not find the reason why the cycle of self-medication started, how can we find the road to sobriety?” Dan is passionate about creating a program that facilitates long term success in both Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
- DR. DANIEL PICKRELLMEDICAL DIRECTORDr. Pickrell is a physician with interests in addiction and psychiatry. He strives to identify the underlying cause of substance use. His understanding of addiction as the overlapping symptoms of biopsychosocial development is the foundation to his care model. He is committed to helping both patients and families understand that addiction is a treatable medical illness. He has been involved in the treatment of addiction for the last 17 years. His experience with patients suffering from addiction and mental health issues is what motivated him to attend medical school. Like many people in the substance abuse field his life has been directly impacted by the illness of addiction. This has helped him develop a unique understanding that each patient is an individual and requires an individual treatment plan. He values patient autonomy and is committed to assisting patients in developing a recovery plan that they can embrace. Acqua is the perfect location for Dr. Pickrell, as he can frequently be found fishing on the nearby Provo river. His love for the outdoors and an active lifestyle has drawn him to the beautiful Wasatch Front.