Turning Point Counseling
8829 Centre Street, Southaven, Mississippi, 38671
Addiction Campuses of Mississippi works with adults and adolescents struggling with substance abuse to develop realistic strategies for lifelong sobriety. Addiction Campuses of Mississippi collaborates with clients and their families every step of the way, referring expert interventionists when necessary and guiding individuals experiencing withdrawals through medically-supervised detoxification. Individual, group and family counseling are coupled with life skills coaching and aftercare support services to foster meaningful personal growth, enhanced self-awareness and enduring recovery.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Behavioral Health Care Accreditation
- Joint Commission Accredited
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Robert ScottLMFT, CCAP/ Director of Clinical Operations, Addiction Campuses of MississippiBobby Scott is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a Certified Advanced Clinical Drug Counselor (CACDC) and an Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICAADC). He holds a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology. Bobby is also a licensed minister and is the owner and founder of Turning Point Counseling & Consulting. He is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) and the Mississippi Association of Addictions Professionals (MAAP). Mr. Scott has extensive experience in both the inpatient and outpatient setting treating a wide range of issues including addictions. He was a part of the developmental and treatment team which created one of the first Juvenile and Adult Drug Courts in the state of Mississippi in DeSoto County. Bobby not only specializes in addictions but is trained in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) which is one of the most successful and empirically based treatment models for addressing multiple addiction and mental health disorders.
- James FranksPresident, Addiction Campuses of MississippiJames (Jimmy) R. Franks is President of Turning Point Recovery, Addiction Campuses’ Mississippi campus location. Jimmy is a retired Business Executive who has helped lead numerous small companies to success. Over the past three years he has worked closely with the Turning Point Recovery team and seen lives changed. Since joining as President in November 2011, he has led his caring staff in their endeavor to continue to help people restore their lives as well as the lives of their families. He is also the founder/ president of Lighthouse Recovery Residences Inc., currently the only residential extended care homes available in Desoto County, MS. Jimmy earned is B.S. in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Command and General Staff College, US Army , Fort Leavenworth, KS. A proud husband, father, and grandfather, Jimmy has been married to his wife Jimmie Sue for almost 50 years and he served as Deacon at Longview Heights Baptist Church, Olive Branch, MS.
- Less than 60%