AJ's Amethyst House
1119 W. 7th Street, San Jacinto, California, 92582
AJ's Amethyst House provides residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment exclusively for women. The gender-specific facility takes a holistic approach to recovery, going beyond symptom management to provide a safe and structured space for women to heal. The 12-step philosophy of AA is used as the building block for long-term sobriety, and the treatment team works closely with each client to help her incorporate these principles into daily life. Upon completing treatment at AJ's Amethyst House, the hope is that each woman will be prepared and empowered to begin life a life free from the chains of substance abuse.
- Medical detox & withdrawal management
- Fitness & recreation programs
- Family counseling opportunities
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Process Abuse TreatmentNot all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Keith Goshay, CATC-IIExecutive DirectorKeith Goshay has worked in the field of substance abuse for over 25 years. In that span he has worked for (5) different organizations. Working for those organizations has shaped him to be an experienced director, eclectic clinician and compassionate service provider. He has held various positions such office person, house manager, counselor, case manager, clinical supervisor, program director and executive director. He has a passion for providing services to those who suffer from chemical use disorder and mental health issues. He loves working in the helping profession and being able to guide and encourage those that are having a difficult time in their life is without parallel.
- Bernie Truax, IICo-FounderFor Bernie, AJ’s Amethyst House is a tribute to his wife Arlean and the work she has done in recovery. Bernie began his career by serving his country in the Army and has continued to give service to others ever since. Following the military he worked for Inland Steel, the third largest steel company in the world. He was involved with numerous landmark buildings around the country such as the Sears Tower in Chicago and the World Trade Center Towers in New York City as well as the construction of many nuclear power plants.He is a very successful and accomplished commercial developer in the Temecula Valley and serves on several non-profit boards in the community. In addition to founding AJ’s Amethyst House, he is Chairman of the Board of Riverside Recovery Resources, one of the largest non-profit recovery services providers in Riverside County. Bernie has been in recovery for over 29 years.
- Financing Available