32420 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, California, 90265
Our philosophy for recovery is to help the client to regain balance and choice in their life. It is a living, flexible, evolving practice tailored to the specific recovery needs of every individual. The clinical staff at Avalon Malibu developed this practice as part of our world-renowned recovery treatment that focuses on the connection of mind, body and spirit. Avalon Malibu seeks to soothe psychological suffering for clients living with daily traumatic responses, anxiety disorders, and various addictions. At its core, our philosophy is simple: to provide cutting-edge clinical recovery treatment through the mindful practice of experiential therapy and psychotherapy. We hope to build conscious living through mindful interactions and create a stepping stone for joy and the freedom that emerges with awareness and engagement in the present moment. Led by staff members who model healthy, mindful and positive lives, our group activities and natural excursions allow clients to explore themselves, engage with peers, and reaffirm the healing process.
- Neurofeedback, Didactic Groups
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
DetoxThough not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualized treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Candice Feinberg, Psy.D.Executive and Clinical Director
- Stephen OdomChief Clinical Officer, CEODr. Stephen Odom is a distinguished healthcare and addiction treatment professional with over 25 years of expertise in the behavioral health field. He currently, serves as the President, CEO and Chief Clinical Officer of New Vista Behavioral Health, the parent company of Avalon Malibu, Simple Recovery, and Infinity Treatment Centers. In his notable and lengthy career in chemical dependency treatment, Stephen has proven to be an innovator in the industry. His vision, which is driven by the guiding principle that people suffering from addiction can, and do get well, has become the cornerstone of New Vista Behavioral Health’s client care model. Stephen has a comprehensive educational background in healthcare, holding a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Behavior from Covenant College, a Master’s in Experimental Psychology (Univ. of Tennessee), a Master’s in Clinical Psychology (Palo Alto University), and a Doctorate (Ph.D.) with a focus in Healthcare Administration (Capella University). Moreover, he is a licensed marriage and family therapist in the state of California.