Aware Recovery Care - In-Home Addiction Treatment
- We provide the structure and intensity of inpatient with the freedoms of an outpatient facility
- The New Face of Addiction Treatment
- Recover where you live
- We don't just teach you recovery, we help you live it
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Residential Neighborhood
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- COURTNEY CAUSEY, RNCare Coordinator ManagerCourtney is a Registered Nurse with a background working in the Psychiatric, Detox and Rehab settings. To her work, Courtney brings the principle that nurturing the whole person is an essential part of treatment. Believing there is nothing more important than helping someone working to save their own life, Courtney’s passion for recovery comes from personal experience. Keeping center and focus through meditation, yoga, and spending time with family and her dogs, Courtney embodies and emulates that recovery includes the mind, body, and spirit.
- LORI SCHWARTZ, LCPC, LADCDirector of Recovery ServicesLori Schwartz brings over 15 years of experience working in addiction and mental health to Aware Recovery Care. She is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor,, and a Certified Clinical Supervisor in the State of Maine. She obtained her master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Boston College and completed a post-graduate certificate in Trauma Studies at Lesley University. She is highly skilled in CBT, DBT, MI, and other counseling theories. Lori has worked with a variety of age groups, ranging from adolescents to older adults, in an array of settings including residential, partial hospitalization programs, and intensive outpatient. Lori is passionate about her work with a desire to help others and their loved ones. She believes in thinking outside the box to aid others in achieving their goals and improve their quality of life. In her spare time, Lori enjoys reading, doing puzzles and spending time with her family, including her dog, a Yorkshire Terrier named Twix.
- MATTHEW ROLLERCertified Recovery Advisor ManagerHaving spent nearly four years with Aware as a Certified Recovery Advisor, Matt Roller now functions as a CRA Manager for Aware Recovery Care of Maine. Combining his care expertise with more than 12 years of personal recovery experience, Matt serves as a mentor to CRA staff and works to ensure client needs are met through compassion, understanding, and high standards for program delivery. Having seen the transformation in both himself and the clients he worked with, and Matt believes that anyone who suffers from substance use disorder can recover when they are honest, open-minded, and willing. In his spare time, Matt enjoys the company of family and friends, as well as spending time outdoors with activities such as snowboarding, skateboarding, and playing guitar.
- LISA BOUSQUET, MPH, RDN, RSSRegistered Dietitian & Nutrition ConsultantLisa Bousquet, MPH, RDN has built broad expertise in wellness and nutrition over 30 years, starting her career as a Registered Dietitian in clinical, outpatient, and administrative settings, and continuing with positions in medical education, marketing, and communications. Lisa enjoys educating her colleagues and clients about the role of nutrition and wellness in facilitating and sustaining long-term recovery. Lisa holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Rhode Island, earned her RDN credential through the Massachusetts General Hospital, and holds a Master of Public Health degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Lisa is passionate about organic and sustainable food, the farm to table movement, and translating the concepts of proper nutrition into delicious meals. In her spare time, Lisa enjoys continuing her education in functional and integrative nutrition, keeping fit by cycling and hiking, and spending time with her family.