Aware Recovery Care Outpatient CT
- In home addiction treatment
- Real world innovative and effective addiction treatment
- A BBB rated addiction treatment provider in Connecticut, called "the future of addiction treatment".
- Recover where you live!
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Average Location/Amenities
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Chuck Gabrielle RNAddiction NurseChuck is a veteran of the U.S. Army where he served as a medic. This is where he found his passion for medicine and has worked in many roles of healthcare, and then has since became registered nurse. He comes to us with 13 years of recovery experience and a constant desire to combine this and his skills as a nurse to help others find their personal path to recovery and wellness. In his spare time he is an avid birder, camper, and general nature buff. Chuck also continues to use his spare time to further his nursing skills with a focus on developing tools to guide clients using a holistic nursing approach.
- Matthew EacottVice PresidentAs the Vice President of Aware Recovery Care, Matt is 33 and has 16 years of addiction treatment experience. Growing up in a 3rd generation commercial family construction company, Matt learned what it meant to build a successful business by surrounding himself with honest, hard working people with integrity. Active addiction interfered with his initial plans to continue in the family business, but he then found that life had something else in store for him. Matt's passion to do something different and effective in the addiction industry developed over 16 years of exposure to the field. Matt has worked for two treatment centers, Turning Point in New Haven, Connecticut and Spencer Recovery in Laguna Beach, California. He is trained and certified in Sober Living Leadership and in Dr. Paul Ekman's Micro and Subtle Expression recognition technique. He was initially a Certified Recovery Advisor and a Medication Assisted Treatment Counselor and worked with clients from 17 to 40. Matt is currently involved in the strategic implementation of business goals and integration of innovation for Aware Recovery Care, as well as Marketing and Business Development. Matt studied at Clark University, Tufts University, The School of the Museum of Fine Arts, and The University of Hartford. His interests are advertising, communications and marketing, information technology, and in business management and development. He spreads his message of experience, change, and hope, and has been seen on WFSB, Channel 8 News, WTNH CT, NBC, Fox 61 CT, CPTV, and in Connecticut Magazine and The Hartford Courant. Matt was given a 2% chance of recovery and was originally one of the first clients at Aware Recovery Care. He has since developed into a leadership position and is committed providing the highest standard of treatment at ARC. He is happily married and is originally from Avon, CT.
- Sarah Allen BentonDirector of Clinical ServicesSarah Allen Benton, MS, LMHC, LPC is the Director of Clinical Services at Aware Recovery Care with over 14 tears if experience in direct care. She is Co-Founder of Benton Behavioral Health Consulting, LLC and the Clinical Consultant for The Strathmore House transitional sober living in Boston, MA. She was formerly a Therapist at Insight Counseling in Ridgefield, CT, a Primary Therapist at Turning Point addiction treatment in New Haven, CT and a Therapist/Case Manager at McLean Hospital in the McLean Brook dual diagnosis treatment program in Waltham, MA. She is author of the book “Understanding the High-Functioning Alcoholic” and has been featured in the NY Times and appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, CBS Early Show and NPR.
- Megan Tredennick, LPC, LADC, ADS, NCCTherapistAs a private practice psychotherapist, Megan strives to assist her clients in finding meaning behind their challenges and identifying their purposes for the future. She holds a Master's Degree from Fairfield University in Community Counseling. She is a licensed Professional Counselor (2010) and is a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (since 2014). She is also an auricular acupuncture detoxification specialist which is a holistic intervention used to reduce cravings, urges, withdrawal symptoms, and reduce anxiety amongst others benefits. It is also known as the NADA Protocol. In 2015, she was a National presenter in Cleveland, OH on a clinical study she completed on the use of acupuncture with addiction with her clients. She is also trained in EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) which is a therapy approach that can be applied to most mental health issues (heavily targets those with a trauma history) or addiction related goals. She has worked for Cornell-Scott Hill Health Center in New Haven, CT for 6.5 years as an outpatient therapist and the last 3.5 has been a senior therapist at South Central Rehabilitation Center. There, she works on a detox unit and with outpatient clients on a variety of different medication assisted therapies. Currently, she has a private practice with a strong focus in co-occurring disorders treatment. In her spare time, Megan enjoys traveling, snowboarding, swimming, and has a passion for nutrition and fitness
- For Connecticut Residents Only - ARC is Private Pay, in network with Anthem BCBS and affiliates, and out of network with other major private insurers. Unfortunately at this time, we accept NO MEDICAID/HUSKY. We do work with medical lending companies that provide financing depending on credit.