Daytop Village Inc
80 West Main Street , Mendham, New Jersey, 07945
Treatment at Daytop New Jersey is behaviorally based and individualized to meet the needs of adolescents and adults with substance abuse and co-occurring problems. It is based on the premise of self-help in an atmosphere of positive peer interaction, within the context of a “family” structure, and includes a full educational element. Twelve Step Program concepts are incorporated. Accountability, honesty, and integrity are strongly emphasized within the context of a family structure. Family participation in the treatment process is essential and integral to the recovery of the adolescent and adult.
- Evidence-based and effective clinical services provided by certified and licensed staff
- Individualized Treatment Plans
- Full day, “real school”, recovery focused middle school and high school program (first and only private recovery high school in NJ)
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Kim O'Connor, MSWManaging Director - Mendham ResidentialKimberly O’Connor has been in the substance use and mental health field for over 15 years. She has served in various roles throughout Daytop New Jersey. Most recently Kim, at the Mendham Facility manages a high performance team culture that provides quality services to adolescents and their families.
- James P. Curtin, MBA LCADCPresident and Chief Executive OfficerJim Curtin wears many hats as he directs and oversees all clinical and administrative policies and procedures, support services and staff training programs. Jim also serves as the liaison between Daytop New Jersey and all State and Community meetings, and public relations activities.
- Up to 90%