Get Real Recovery
30290 Rancho Viejo Road Suite 204 , San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
The Get Real Mission is to provide safe, confidential and quality-driven treatment in a therapeutic environment for individuals in need of substance abuse treatment. Our programs are designed to allow the individual to smoothly transition through every phase of their treatment plan. We know that every individual is unique; the ravages of addiction are chronic, progressive and without help – can be terminal. Receiving treatment at Get Real Recovery is the beginning of a new chapter and a new life for you and your loved one. We provide top of the line care from the first phone call through graduation from our program. We provide real recovery solutions. We offer one year of aftercare at no cost for clients completing our program. We love what we do and we know what works. Recovery demands structure from the moment we wake up until we place our head on the pillow each evening. We create a consistent daily structure that retrains the brain to adapt to new behaviors that in turn creates new neural pathways in the brain. We understand that repetition and routine provides a person with a strong foundation that will continue into their long-term recovery. We provide structure with the combination of: Incidental Medical Services, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Holistic Healing, 12-Step Principles, Individual Therapy Sessions and Life Skills Training. Get Real Recovery has various levels of care and will look at your specific situation to determine what program scheduling will work best for you. We offer morning, afternoon and evening group and individual therapy sessions. We offer a free admissions assessment to discuss our various programming options. Depending on where you or your loved one is with their treatment or recovery, we can offer full day treatment to evening outpatient programming. We help people who are entering treatment for the first time to those who are attending work or school. We are standing by to discuss all of the options that we offer. Call the Admissions Team today for a free confidential assessment and insurance check. The Get Real Recovery treatment programs were designed to provide more intimate and smaller group sizes offering more individualized care. The small staff to patient ratio allows for more comfort and close monitoring. When recovery from addiction or dual diagnosis we understand that having intimate groups will provide for increased comfort and security during the treatment process. Our commitment to maintaining a small group size small is why Get Real Recovery is set apart from other addiction and dual diagnosis treatment programs. The smaller group setting also allows each of our clients get lots of personal attention and meaningful guidance. In addition, all groups and individual counseling is led by highly qualified therapists and counselors.
- Aftercare Groups for Alumni
- Competitive Private Pay Plans
- Most PPO Insurance Plans Accepted
Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Intensive Outpatient (IOP)Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
Meet the Staff
- Larry Smith, LAADCCEO & Co-FounderLarry is responsible for the overall operations including, finances, accounting, budgeting, acquisitions and business development. He is an advanced level licensed addiction counselor (LAADC), lecturer, public speaker and author. Larry’s long term personal recovery has inspired him to dedicate his life to helping others who are suffering from addiction. Larry is a 1977 Cum Laude Graduate of The University of Toledo with a Bachelors degree in Business Management and Psychology. In 2010, Larry published a goal setting and journaling book for people in recovery. This book also addresses the neurological changes that take place in the brain during addiction and in recovery. TVs “Dr. Drew” Pinski MD, and renowned addiction psychiatrist Joseph Pursch MD, endorse Captain Larry Smith’s Daily Life Plan Journal. Larry’s recovery articles are published monthly in Serene Scene Magazine and other online publications. Larry’s latest book “Flight to Transformation” is being published in 2017. Larry is a popular speaker and educational presenter in the recovery field. His well known presentations include: “Reclaiming the Hijacked Brain” and “Positive Psychology in Addiction Recovery” Larry has 40 years experience in military and commercial aviation. As a commercial airline pilot and USAF fighter pilot, he has logged over 21,000 hours of flying time. He is licensed to fly the Boeing 727, 737, 747, 757, 767 and 777. He spent 14 years associated with United Airlines Employee Assistance Program (EAP) as an Airline Pilots Association Union Representative. He performed interventions, counseling and acted as a Peer Pilot.
- Lori Cattern, C.A.T.C. IIExecutive Director & Co-FounderLori Cattern-Smith is the Co-founder and Clinical Director of Get Real Recovery. As a hands-on owner, she oversees all clinical activities and personally monitors the day-to-day treatment of all clients attending Get Real. She has over two decades of experience working in the addiction and behavioral health fields. She has been on staff as an advanced level case manager and counselor at many treatment facilities and has an impeccable reputation in the recovery community. Lori’s expertise includes; denial & anger management, identifying self-sabotaging behaviors, facing fear head-on, and building self-esteem through empowerment. Lori understands that each client has different needs. Lori’s directness and compassion puts clients and their families at ease with the recovery process. Her approach is compassionate however, she never waivers from the personal responsibility one must take in their own recovery. Lori is a graduate of the Optimum Health Institute (OHI) in San Diego, CA. OHI focuses on Holistic Healing and how the Mind, Body and Spirit unifies in recovery. She is certified in EEG, Neural-feedback. Lori is an advanced level Reiki practitioner and brings an authentic warmth to everyone she meets. Lori’s has an amazing ability to work with the diverse populations in addiction recovery. Lori has achieved long-term sobriety and understands first hand the ravages of addiction. Lori administers the FAA Mandated Commercial Pilots Monitoring Groups. This includes all levels of care for pilots with substance abuse issues. She works closely with professionals in the business, medical and legal fields. There is never an ego too big or self esteem too small for Lori to dismantle and transform into a healthy and happy individual. She has guided over 50 pilots, helping them procure and maintain their FAA Special Issuance Medical Certificates. Presently she oversees 21 pilots from the private sector and commercial airlines.
- Financing Available