., Laguna Beach, California, 92651
Our mission & philosophy is to provide the best possible evidence-based individual treatment and recovery in the world, 12-step and non-12 step.. Treat every person and family in recovery with dignity, respect, love, personal care and attention. Follow the best scientific, medical, holistic and smart ways to end one’s addiction forever and offer a comfortable setting and memorable experience to last a life time for every client and their family.
- Individual Tailor Made Treatment
- Gradual Detox Minimum Medication
- Privacy - Max. 6 Clients, Large Luxury Setting
Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Rebecca Shabunov, LPCCProgram DirectorRebecca Shabunov received her undergraduate degree in Cognitive Psychology (B.A.) from the University of California, Irvine, completed her master’s (M.A.) degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, and received her doctorate (Psy.D.) in Applied Clinical Psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Rebecca's experience includes working with individuals in residential treatment for drug and alcohol addictions, specializing in dual diagnosis treatment and recovery. Rebecca’s philosophy is one of pragmatism, based on treating each client as an individual with specific needs and empowering clients through education as well as introspection. A firm believer in tailoring treatment to fit each person’s unique needs and interests, Rebecca combines scientific basis with holistic complementary techniques in order to create a comprehensive and specialized treatment plan for each client. Rebecca’s greatest goal is to help others develop into healthy and whole individuals, and to embrace life’s journey. In the therapeutic process, Rebecca empowers the client to discover his or her own resolve, while at the same time directing the client into a safe path of self-discovery. Rebecca helps others to actualize the value of their individual being and inspires them to experience their maximum potential.
- Daniel J. Headrick, MDDetox - Stabilization DirectorDaniel Headrick is the Stabilization Director at Hillside Laguna Beach. He recently served as the Medical Director at Mission Hospital in Laguna Beach, California for 8 years and prior to that was the Medical Director of Hoag Hospital Chemical Dependency Center in Newport Beach, California for 11 years. He dedicates much of his time to the care and treatment of each client of Hillside Laguna Beach. Dr. Headrick oversees the stabilization of each client and makes sure they have a sound transition to treatment and recovery. He cares for clients as they withdraw from alcohol and other substances. Dr. Headrick Received his medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles Medical School. (UCLA) A distinguished by his post graduate certification from the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) in 1988. Dr. Headrick is an associate professor at the University of California, Irvine Medical School.