JourneyPure - Knoxville
- Addiction is a disease that can be treated with evidence-based and research-backed treatments
- Any co-occurring mental health conditions must be treated along with the addictive behaviors to achieve long-term healing
- Everyone can recover from addiction
- Every patient deserves respectful, compassionate care
- Treatment providers are accountable for patient's lasting success
Medical DetoxThe first step is getting the drugs and alcohol out of your system. This usually takes a few days. Know that with medical detox, withdrawal symptoms are kept manageable. It’s nothing like stopping cold turkey.
Inpatient TreatmentAfter detox, your focus shifts from the physical addiction to stopping the destructive mental cycles. The majority of your time is spent in therapy and educational groups. It’s not as boring as it sounds. In fact, it’s a relief to talk to people that understand and it feels good to make progress every day. To break up these intense sessions, therapeutic elements like music therapy, social bonding exercises, meditation and pet therapy are incorporated too.
Dual DiagnosisCore to treatment here is figuring out the root issues that fuel your behaviors. This most typically includes depression, anxiety and trauma. Then, those separate mental health issues are treated with therapy and sometimes medications like antidepressants that rebalance the brain.