Legacy Freedom Treatment Centers
4944 Parkway Plaza #200, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28217
We specialize in a holistic approach when it comes to our drug and alcohol treatment programs. Our approach is unique in that we treat each individual from the inside out; with weekly individual and group counseling sessions and activities. We believe your addiction can be effectively maintained allowing you to live life to your potential. We'll help heal the whole you while learning to manage your drug and/or alcohol addiction. Through interactions with our dedicated and experienced staff, we help you relearn to live your life with passion. We'll teach you the skills needed to lead a successful and fulfilling life. We believe that your life can once again be free of the fear and uncertainty that coping with an addiction causes. At Legacy, we can help you triumph over your addictions for good through tailored substance abuse treatment.
- "We take a different approach to drug treatment"
- "With our client-centered philosophy, each client gets an individualized treatment plan"
- "A person struggling with heroine addiction may respond differently to certain treatment methods than a person addicted to cocaine."
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
OutpatientOutpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.
Meet the Staff
- Waylon D. Hinson, Certified Professional Coach (CPC), Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)CEOWaylon Hinson’s vision for Legacy Freedom Treatment Centers is to provide treatment that heals underlying causes and conditions, while also helping clients find their dogma or reason for being. He brings a unique perspective to helping his clients. Waylon believes we all have core issues we need to work on. He says treatment helps people break through all of this to heal and bring the brain back to a normal state. Waylon’s goal is to help every client who walks through the door not only achieve recovery, but also find their purpose in life. He focuses on helping people find whatever it is in this life that makes them tick. Through helping clients find their passion in life, Waylon believes they are less likely to find a need to abuse drugs or alcohol.
- Ellen Barton, MS, CRC, LCAS Clinical DirectorEllen Barton began her career in the addiction treatment industry working for drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers in Australia. During Ellen’s training she had the opportunity of working under John Bradshaw and Pia Melody. Ellen also received specialized training in performing drug and alcohol interventions and relationship counseling. With over 21 years in recovery, Ellen brings a personal perspective to helping each and every Legacy client. Ellen places a strong emphasis on holistic healing and alternative therapies, including EMDR, sweat lodges, aromatherapy, yoga and massage therapy. Ellen believes these therapeutic methods are most effective in successfully treating those struggling with substance abuse problems. By placing a special emphasis on the family system and family dynamics, Ellen treats the entire family unit offering a new life for the client and everyone in their life.