Penfield Christian Homes, South Campus
15320 US Hwy 129, Alapaha, Georgia, 31622
For more than 30 years, Penfield Christian Homes has offered hope to men suffering from the disease of addiction. Our faith-based rehabilitation treatment facility believes that recovery is possible through spiritual renewal, and strives to help clients reclaim their health, happiness, and inner peace. Treatment addresses the whole person, body, mind and spirit, by assisting clients to bring these areas into balance by cultivating a personal relationship with God that provides them with the ability to nurture relationships with family, friends, and others.
- We teach the medical aspects of addiction.
- We teach the nature of relapse and recovery through Relapse Prevention Counseling.
- We teach the Biblical Doctrine of God’s Grace and Love.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Process Abuse TreatmentNot all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Walter E. Muller, MA, MAC, CADC II, ICADCSouth Campus DirectorWalter has a BA in Psychology from the College of Santa Fe, NM, and an MA in Counseling from Webster University, MI. He has been counseling professionally for the past 15 years, and is credentialed by the state of Georgia and internationally as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Walter is grateful and blessed to have answered God's call to minister to the chemically dependent through his service at Penfield.
- Up to 60%