Prairie Ridge Integrated Behavioral Healthcare
320 North Eisenhower Avenue, Mason City, Iowa, 50401
Prairie Ridge Addiction Treatment Services provides individualized, gender-specific treatment for adults with substance abuse issues and co-occurring disorders. Evidence-based prevention and treatment options at Prairie Ridge include residential programs, low-intensity and high-intensity outpatient services, as well as relapse-prevention training, individual and group counseling, and 12-Step meetings.
- Gambling Treatment Services
- Healthy Alternative Activities
- Education Services
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
OutpatientOutpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Jay HansenExecutive DirectorJay has worked for Prairie Ridge since 1974 and has served as the Executive Director since 1984. He is past President of ISPDA and was involved in the original NIATx project sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. He currently serves on the Iowa Board of Health and has provided numerous trainings and presentations at the National, State and Local level.
- Kelly Grunhovd, CPSPrevention ManagerKelly Grunhovd is the Prevention Program Manager/Program Director. She graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 2002 with Bachelor's degrees in Psychology and Spanish. While studying at the University of Northern Iowa, she concentrated her class load in Psychology of Adjustment and Abnormal Psychology. She was also able to fine tune her Spanish skills by studying a semester in Spain. Ms. Grunhovd is a certified instructor for Strengthening Families Program, Reconnecting Youth and Prime for Life programs.