307 Hayes Street, Rayville, Louisiana, 71269
Rayville Recovery is a no-cost residential addiction treatment facility for low-income Louisiana residents. Services include medically assisted detoxification, 12-Step meetings, family education and support, comprehensive discharge planning, intensive outpatient services (IOP), free meals and laundry onsite. The calm, rural setting makes for an ideal recovery environment for individuals struggling with substance addiction.
- Rural Country Town Setting
- Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team
- Diverse Treatment Modalities
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- William D. Thompson, MDMedical DirectorDr. Thompson has over 30 years of experience practicing medicine in the community of Rayville, LA. He supervises all medical aspects of the treatment program, and provides medical assessment and follow-up to all program residents. Dr. Thompson is licensed to dispense medication by the LA Board of Pharmacy and is responsible for dispensing medications for treatment of medical problems for the program.
- Terry Coon, RNDirector of NursingMr. Coon has 15 years experience as a nursing administrator and registered nurse. He has completed the Professionals in Residence Program at Hazelden and is in charge of the Rayville Recovery Nursing staff.