Rites of Passage LLC
4979 4200 Road, Crawford, Colorado, 81415
Rites of Passage LLC is a residential extended care facility that works with trauma, mental health issues, dual diagnosis, substance issues, and eating disorder issues located in Delta County Colorado. Rites of Passage creates customizable programs utilizing transpersonal, mindfulness, trauma, DBT, CBT, somatic, art, wilderness, ecotherapy, wellness therapies as well as our signature equine assisted psychotherapy programs (The Phoenix Rising Programs.) Rites of Passage is unique because of our holistic approach to everything that we do. Clients who choose Rites of Passage will spend their time here being treated with a whole-person approach to therapy. No one is 'just a case'; each person is a unique individual and utilizing our interactive program, each client co-creates their own form of treatment using the many tools that we have available. Rites of Passage is committed to creating holistic and unique programs for each client. This is what makes the difference between success and failure and creates long-term, lifelong success for each client who chooses our program.
- Transitional Living Program
- 3:1 Staff to Client Ratio
- In network with Multiplan, Medcost Providers, and Three Rivers Providers Network
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Alisha AdrianOwner, B.S., MS, LPC, TP, EAP/EALExecutive Director and Owner of Rites of Passage LLC and The Phoenix Rising Programs Women’s Residential Extended Care Program and the Intensive Outpatient Programs for both co-ed adults and Teens. I am a transpersonal counselor/psychotherapist, life coach, healer and artist. I have done extensive transpersonal (mind/body/spirit) work as well as trauma/PTSD work and I also have extensive experience as a dual-diagnosis counselor working with substance and eating disorder issues that stem from trauma. I have a masters in counseling psychology, a certification in transpersonal counseling, a certification in equine assisted psychotherapy and life coaching, LPC licensure in the state of Colorado and am a first level Reiki practitioner and certified in the healing modality Jin Shin TARA. I have spent many years working with shamanistic and energy healing modalities. I engage clients in all types of transpersonal work including art therapy, dream therapy, ceremony and self-growth. All of the types of therapy and coaching that I engage in are experiential therapy modalities because I have found that when a person engages their body/mind and spirit together in a session, more is synthesized and integrated allowing breakthroughs to occur quickly and learning or relearning that they engage in allows clients to begin to use this new knowledge immediately as opposed to strictly cognitive based counseling, which can take weeks, months or years without any significant results being made. My work is very diverse because I utilize all of my experience as well as everyone else on the staffs to find what works for each client who comes into our program to excel and focus upon what she needs to achieve her goals.
- Kim BriarwoodCase Manager and TherapistGreetings. My name is Kim Briarwood. I am a case manager & therapist at Rites of Passage. I enjoy working at the center. We have so many therapy animals and being someone who loves all animals, it is a perfect environment to teach and to learn. Many of the programs I teach help clients with trauma, sexual orientation and identity issues. I graduated with honors from Upper Iowa University in 2011 with an undergrad in Human Services and Psychology. I finished my graduate degree with a Masters of Arts in Psychology from University of the Rockies in 2013. I enjoy being outdoors which is the classroom at Rites of Passage the animals and nature are our teachers and guides. I look forward to meeting and working with you.