River Oaks Hospital
1525 River Oaks Road West, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70123
We are dedicated to providing a safe, non-revictimizing, healthy environment to allow individuals to heal. Each individual is treated with respect and compassion in an intensive, state-of-the-art program that effectively combines psychotherapy and pharmacology within a therapeutic community.
- Separate Eating Disorder Treatment Center
- Music and Dance Therapy
- Treats Co-existing Disorders
Trauma and compulsive behaviors treatmentThe New Orleans Institute specialized services for the treatment of trauma and compulsive behaviors.
Child and Adolescent Treatment ProgramServices for children and adolescents at River Oaks Hospital are specifically designed to meet the mental health care needs of patients ages 8 through 17.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Marion McGavran, LCSWProgram DirectorMarion McGavran, LCSW, obtained her Master’s Degree in Social Work from Tulane University. She began working at River Oaks Hospital in 2003 and assumed the position of Program Director on the Eating Disorders Unit in January of 2006.
- George C. Daul, Jr., MDMedical DirectorGeorge C. Daul, Jr., MD, is a board certified psychiatrist and an eating disorders specialist. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Tulane University School of Medicine. He worked with Susan Willard for 22 years, up until she retired in 2009. Their collective expertise has served to assist thousands of eating disordered patients from across the country in their recovery. Dr. Daul is experienced and skilled in the inpatient management of eating disorders and is an expert in the psycho-pharmacological aspects of treatment.