Sedona Sky Academy
3090 E. Coronado Trail, Rimrock, Arizona, 86335
Located in central Arizona, Sedona Sky Academy provides residential substance abuse and behavioral health treatment to girls ages 13-17. The rehab offers a unique, therapeutic boarding school experience, combining a strong academic program with top-notch care for anger, anxiety, depression, relationship choices, learning disorders, substance abuse and poor self-esteem issues. Each girl is given the opportunity to grow and learn in an environment that’s caring, supportive and focused on her mental, emotional and physical needs.
- Volleyball, Softball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer
- Hiking in Sedona, Horseback Riding in the Grand Canyon
- Small Classroom Sizes 1:8 Ratio
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
Client & Family Support GroupsGroup therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Meet the Staff
- Tammy BehrmannFounderTammy has 25 years of experience helping teens make changes to last a lifetime. In 1996 she moved to Arizona where she was integral team member in founding and opening her first successful Therapeutic Boarding School. Then in 1998 she realized her own dream by founding a nationally recognized Girls Therapeutic Boarding School in Lake Montezuma, Arizona. She is the founder of a Ashcreek Ranch Academy in in Southern Utah.
- Paul RavenscraftAdmissions DirectorPaul is a seasoned Admissions Director with 15 years of experience connecting families with the perfect therapeutic program. He has served in some of the nation’s leading therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers across the country including those in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Utah and Arizona. He specializes in a team based, collaborative approach to finding the perfect fit and therapist for our clients. Paul is a graduate of Otterbein College in Westerville, Ohio. When Paul is not working with families to ensure a seamless transition for their daughter you can find him at home in Tempe, AZ with wife Shelly and beloved dogs Winston and Wendi
- Less than 60%