Talk Therapy Psychology Center, Corp.
5935 Cornerstone Ct W, Suite 125, San Diego, California, 92121
At Talk Therapy Psychology Center, we provide outpatient treatment for mental health, and specialize in treating addictions. We offer intensive outpatient treatment both in a group setting as well as through individualized, one-on-ones. We do not dictate treatment but rather collaborate with our clients to devise a plan that is most suitable for their needs. We specialize in treating the individual as a whole and not just the addiction. Our approach is evidence-based and is built on the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, and Family System. We do not shame, blame, or label and our approach is self-empowering, non-judgmental, and highly motivational. We maintain a high level of engagement with our clients and do not believe the individual is weak or has a character flaw or an incurable disease. The individual needs help, compassion, and support. We teach healthy coping skills and enable the individual to gain insight into his or her own behavior and choices. Additionally, we involve family members and close friends, as necessary, considering the path to recovery is not often traveled alone.
- Addiction treatment and Recovery Maintenance
- Evidenced-based non-confrontational treatment approach based on CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, and Family System
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) includes 2 hours of individual therapy and 9 hours of group therapy
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Jania Amir-Razavi, MSTherapistMs. Razavi completed her Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology in 2008 from Pepperdine University. She is currently in her final stages of graduate work at California Institute of Integral Studies, where she is completing her doctorate degree in clinical psychology. She believes in providing compassionate psychotherapy to individuals, families, and couples. She works to individualize each treatment to fit the client’s needs. As a result, her treatment approach varies as she uses integrative approaches to psychotherapy by drawing from psychodynamic, family systems, CBT, DBT, and mindfulness-based approach. Although her treatment approach varies, she firmly believes in the importance of getting to know the whole person and their uniqueness, and removing labels and judgments associated with it.
- Seda Gragossian, Ph.DClinical DirectorDr. Gragossian is an expert in treating addictions and has been working in both private practice and psychiatric hospital settings. Her approach, while evidence-based, is warm, compassionate, and supportive. She tailors her treatment to the individual’s personality and needs and gets beyond the symptoms and addresses the root causes of addiction. She was nominated two years in a row for San Diego County’s clinician of the year award by hospital staff and has received numerous testimonials from her clients. She has appeared on KUSI news and has numerous online periodicals.