The Refuge - A Healing Place
14835 SE 85th Street, Ocklawaha, Florida, 32179
The Refuge is one of the few nationwide programs that specializes in the treatment of Trauma & PTSD. Men and women come to The Refuge to examine and heal trauma from accidents, sexual abuse, severe grief & loss, rape, and PTSD. As our residents recover from their traumas, we treat the co-occurring substance abuse, depression and anxiety, and process addictions that often occur with or because of traumatic events. Utilizing holistic and experiential methods and modalities, The Refuge encompasses a person's mind, body and spirit allowing them to Unravel the trauma story, Understand the addiction story, and Create the recovery story.
- 25 Hours Of Trauma Work Per Week On A Serene Healing Campus
- All therapist are certified and trained in a wide variety of therapeutic methods.
- Intense didactic and experiential family week offered every 5 weeks
Child and Adult Sexual Abuse TreatmentOften when a young man or woman’s childhood lacks a healthy connection with a parent or family member or is sexually abused by a family member, friend or stranger, they develop a misunderstanding of the words love and sex. These young people will confuse sexual abuse, neglect or inappropriate affection for love and sex and seek these destructive behaviors in relationships later on in life. At The Refuge, we provide treatment for these behaviors by introducing clients to the correct meanings of love, sex and intimacy. Individuals that come to The Refuge suffer from some form of Trauma/PTSD that they experienced earlier on in life and Sex Addiction is one of the ways these clients cope with that Trauma/PTSD.
Self-Harm and Suicidal Ideation TreatmentWhen you come to The Refuge our assessment and treatment team will do a complete evaluation to gain further information about your symptoms to determine the most appropriate type of treatment for your specific difficulties. While individuals who suffer from depression share certain symptoms, depression comprises numerous causes, indicators, co-occurring disorders and effects. This means each person’s experience of the illness is unique and should be treated as such. The Refuge provides individualized treatment based on your your specific needs.
Meet the Staff
- Judy Crane Founder & Executive DirectorJudy has over two decades of experience working in both residential and out-patient settings. In 2003 she brought her years of specialized training and her distinctive insights on treating trauma and addiction to create The Refuge-A Healing Place. Under her leadership, The Refuge has grown to become one of the foremost leaders in treating Trauma/PTSD and Addiction.
- Douglas Davies Director of Medical StaffDr. Davies is fellowship trained in Addiction Medicine and certified by The American Board of Addiction Medicine. He serves full time as the medical director of The Refuge, leads our medical staff, and offers a no judgment, no pressure healing energy to all who cross his path. Dr. Davies is fully integrated as a key member of an exceptional team of nurses, consultant physicians and therapists.