True Life Center for Wellbeing
4520 Executive Drive Suite 225, San Diego, California, 92121
At True Life Center for Wellbeing, holistic therapies are combined with evidence-based practices to provide individuals with an interdisciplinary approach to addiction and mental health treatment. Offered on an outpatient and Intensive Outpatient (IOP) basis, clients are invited to participate in up to nine hours of weekly therapy for six to twelve weeks without the commitment of residential relocation. Full time psychiatrists oversee treatment plans, while customized programs in psychotherapy, acupuncture, massage, nutrition, and meditation attend to clients’ holistic needs. Family members are encouraged to assume an active role in loved ones’ recovery by attending weekly family therapy sessions and participating in intensive coursework while their loved ones receive treatment.
- Highly-customized treatment programs
- Traditional and holistic treatment modalities
- Committed to whole person health and compassionate care
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Krista RoybalExecutive Medical DirectorDr. Roybal is a nationally recognized addiction medicine expert and has helped thousands of patients through acute medical detox as well as long-term sobriety. She is a highly regarded psychiatrist in the La Jolla community who provides in-depth psychotherapy as well as cutting-edge psychopharmacologic evaluations and medication management. She is also sought after to provide in-depth psychiatric consultations for patients whose physical health is confounded by a psychiatric condition.
- Dr. Ann Lowe, NP, Ph.DMedical DirectorWith more than four decades of healthcare experience, Dr. Lowe provides patients with the tools to achieve lasting change. She works in close collaboration with Dr. Roybal to treat patients with mental health and addiction issues. In addition to medication management and therapy, Dr. Lowe is a talented neurofeedback technician.